A Letter To My Wife On Movie Nights

To my wife: When it comes to entertainment, there's movies both you and I enjoy, there's movies that just I like, and there's some that only you can watch (and I find horrible and repellent). Though this sounds easy, recently I got a little mixed up.

You see, I'd been thinking that you felt the same way I did about snuggling in to watch the X-Men trilogy and than rave about just how great the latest post-apocalyptic sci-fi film at the cinemas was going to be. I thought they were "both you and I enjoy" moments, not realising that I was putting my preferences onto you.

I'm sorry I took your tastes for granted. Wifey, I'm glad you chose P.S. I Love You the other night. It was clearly a chick-flick that probably should have come with its own box of tissues, but regardless, I still enjoyed watching it with you.

I'll remember from now on that we have different preferences, and that our joint preferences are not decided by me.

Oh, and I'm open to watch any of your movies as long as they don't feature Matthew MacCanaughterary or Maria Carey and don't have any variation of the word "sleep" in the title.

Hugs

2 Responses to "A Letter To My Wife On Movie Nights"

Livvi Pivvi said... Tuesday, February 02, 2010 4:13:00 PM

A letter to my husband on movies nights...

Hugs - mostly you choose a great movie which is great to watch with you...I am quite open to all movie genres...as long as you are there with me, and snuggling me, and plying me with drinks, I am usually all for it. BUT I will be honest with how I see it!!!

I really loved having you there to watch PS I love you...because that is how I feel! I LOVE YOU!

xxoo

Thomas said... Tuesday, February 02, 2010 8:10:00 PM

Thanks Wifey!

Post a Comment

 

Creative Commons LicenseThis work is licensed under a Creative Commons License. Copyright Thomas & Olivia Williams 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009