The First Song I Ever Taught Myself on the Guitar

I can play guitar - poorly - and admit that I'm a self-taught musician, having taught myself to play from guitar tab books.

Guitar tab books, for the uninitiated, use diagrams to tell you exactly where to put your fingers to play a song note-for-note. Kind of like dot-to-dot :-)

A long time ago, I spent over a thousand dollars on guitar tab books. I've since given most of them away, but I'll always remember the first song I ever learnt on the guitar: Metallica's "The Unforgiven".

Dah dah dah, di-doo-dah. Dah dah dah, di-dah.

There it is - looks like I won't be doing a live concert anytime soon :-)

Tags: , ,

0 Responses to "The First Song I Ever Taught Myself on the Guitar"

Post a Comment

 

Creative Commons LicenseThis work is licensed under a Creative Commons License. Copyright Thomas & Olivia Williams 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009