Kids Too Smart for Christmas

On the way home today TJ was looking through a catalogue to try and think of something that he might want for Christmas. We suggested he could write a letter to Santa with his request.

"Santa knows what we want, Dad. We don't need to write him a letter," he explained.

TJ finally picked something out. "It starts with 'X'," he said, and pointed to the page with an X-Box prominently displayed. I looked over at Olivia and replied, "Maybe something that's not $400".

Olivia mouthed a silent "Yes!" in agreement. She was probably thinking I'd encourage him with asking for the X-Box. However, this time I showed admirable restraint and maturity.

After a few minutes of thinking, TJ piped up, "But Dad, we don't have to pay for it, Santa can make it."

And I was stumped. Kids are officially too smart for Christmas.

And now I'm going to have to keep quite about all of this until it blows over!

Tags: , , , , ,

1 Response to "Kids Too Smart for Christmas"

Livvi Pivvi said... Friday, November 30, 2007 3:50:00 PM

It's really hard, this christmas thing! I remember when I was a kid and my sisters got a bike each for christmas. I was inside with my new cool dolls pram, and they were outside. All of a sudden, I hear ringing, and I burst outside because I think Santa is here....you guessed it! It was just my sisters on their bike bells!! I wonder when is the right time to tell your kids, or for how long do you prolong the mystery of Santa.

But yes, our TJ is far too smart - and I had better be careful, because he can read now....

Post a Comment

 

Creative Commons LicenseThis work is licensed under a Creative Commons License. Copyright Thomas & Olivia Williams 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009