Firsts

Last weekend I visited my brother Simon in Perth. It was my first visit to Perth, and the city was absolutely beautiful, the weather was stunning, and it was great fun to stay with Simon and my nephew Samuel.

Simon and I talked so much both my lips and ears nearly fell off :-)

Simon is a thinking kind of guy and lots of the stuff we talked about has been swirling around in my head.

At one stage, we got to talking about moving houses and buying your own furniture and so on. I said that I'd observed in buying furniture (or a car, or clothes), first, you get what you can afford, then later you get what you want (I thought this was some very sage advice too).

Simon joked that he wanted to skip the whole "first" thing and go straight to he second. Joke's on him though, because whatever he starts with, becomes the "first"...he he...

Tags: , , ,

2 Responses to "Firsts"

Anonymous said... Friday, December 08, 2006 1:40:00 PM

Who's this Simon guy? Sounds kind of cool... I guess he could hire furniture first, or even borrow it... what about milk crates- do they count?

Thomas said... Saturday, December 09, 2006 4:31:00 PM

Simon is pretty cool. Hmmm, milk crates *do* count as "first" milk crates...

Post a Comment

 

Creative Commons LicenseThis work is licensed under a Creative Commons License. Copyright Thomas & Olivia Williams 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009