The worst thing a sibling has done to me is...

Rodney asks: what's the worst thing a sibling has done to you?

I thought, since I've got 3 brothers, I'd dedicate a whole post to the various attrocities committed in our younger years:-)

Truth be told, there wasn't many bad things my brothers (singly or collectively) did to me. I can remember various arguments and fights, but while I don't remember who had the upper hand, I also don't remember needing to plot revenge because I came off second best (perhaps because I'm the eldest and biggest?)

Maybe my brothers can remember things I did to them. Hopefully they can't, or won't, tell. Maybe we weren't quite as nasty/violent/mischevious as stories I've heard of other families?

Some incidents that spring to mind (no names, to protect the innocent):

  • being really punched in the face while play fighting (which in turn made me hit my head against the wall behind me, ouch)
  • being laughed at because I broke my arm, falling off the exact same piece of play equipment that a brother had broken his arm on, exactly one week before (hey, that hurt too!)
  • being told I was getting old (which, while technically true, is still not a nice thing to hear)
On reflection, this list is actually quite docile. No permanent scars or long-term mental anguish. I love my brothers!

Tags: , ,

4 Responses to "The worst thing a sibling has done to me is..."

Anonymous said... Saturday, October 28, 2006 11:43:00 AM

Exzucuh Thomas Williams, back again, there is no telling how many times my brother David has pulled a joke on me .He is a practical joker extreme. I've got Music videos of Silencing the Stones and other Artist on youtube, check them out.
http://www.youtube.com/user/exzucuh

Thomas said... Monday, October 30, 2006 1:47:00 PM

Hi Lion, I don't remember my brothers being practical jokers. In later teen years we all pretty much kept to ourselves, although we still did have fun.

Thanks for the comment, Thomas

Olivia Williams said... Wednesday, November 22, 2006 10:51:00 PM

I can't think of anything particularly bad that my sisters did to me, but I can remember some bad things that I have done!! To my sister Natalie, I broke a wooden chopping board over her head when I was about 6 or 7, and she was 8 or 9, and when we were older, we were singing on a pile of bricks out the front of our house, using a hose nozzle for our microphone. She wouldn't let me be lead singer, so I jumped down and threw it at her, and hit her near the eye, as I recall. It was the night of the school concert, and subsequently, I wasn't allowed to go!!! What a nasty little sister I must have been!!!!.....

Thomas said... Thursday, November 23, 2006 9:14:00 PM

Hey Wifey, I too remember many attrocities I committed to my brothers. Not enough room to list them here though...

Thomas

Post a Comment

 

Creative Commons LicenseThis work is licensed under a Creative Commons License. Copyright Thomas & Olivia Williams 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009