I'm An Idiot (Again)

Dateline - Thursday, September 28th, 2006: Thursday was the day fellow blogger and West Australian native Rodney Olsen had organised a meet-up in Melbourne, as he travels the east coast with his family.

I took the afternoon off in preparation for meeting Rodney and his entourage at Southbank in the city. Olivia, TJ, Maya, Heath and I all jumped on the train with our picnic lunch and, on arrival, relaxed on a small strip of green next to the river.

3 o'clock rolled around - the designated meeting time - and we leisurely wandered into the food court, spotting several West Coast Eagles supporters, but no Rodney. After around 20 minutes, I gave him a call (not having actually spoken to him ever before). Not wanting to be pushy, I came up with a gentle, tactful (hopefully) question: "Are you far away from the food court?"

Rodney's tactful response:

"That's next week! I'm still at work!"

I'm an idiot. Next time, I'll let Olivia handle my social appointments :-(

The moral of this story: If you're interested in meeting Rodney, the correct date is October 5th :-)

Tags: , ,

2 Responses to "I'm An Idiot (Again)"

Kitty Cheng said... Tuesday, October 24, 2006 1:24:00 AM

haha you are funny Thomas.

Thomas said... Wednesday, October 25, 2006 12:40:00 PM

Thanks Kitty - I guess I can laugh about it...now it's in the past...

Cheers, Thomas

Post a Comment

 

Creative Commons LicenseThis work is licensed under a Creative Commons License. Copyright Thomas & Olivia Williams 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009