Earth from Above


If you're in Melbourne anytime from now until December 2006, take some time to have a look at a free exhibition called "Earth from Above" on the banks of the Yarra near Federation Square. Olivia and I, along with the kids, spent about half an hour last week looking at the beautiful, huge photographs and reading about conservation and sustainable development. And it's free.

The photos were taken by Yann Arthus-Bertrand who also has downloads available on his site.

The photo I've sampled here is a camel caravan in Niger seen from the air, although at first glance it doesn't look like that.

My only regret is that we ran out of time at the end to buy a souvenir. I might be able to find the picture I liked on the photographer's site, if I can remember which picture I liked most...

Tags: , , ,

2 Responses to "Earth from Above"

Kitty Cheng said... Tuesday, October 24, 2006 1:21:00 AM

Thanks for the suggestion Thomas. I am going to check it out on Thursday :)

Thomas said... Wednesday, October 25, 2006 12:40:00 PM

Make sure you leave yourself at least 30-45 minutes, there's lots of photos, all with interesting, multi-paragraph descriptions.

Have fun!

Cheers, Thomas

Post a Comment

 

Creative Commons LicenseThis work is licensed under a Creative Commons License. Copyright Thomas & Olivia Williams 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009