Sven and Natalie's Wedding

Sven was one of my good friends at high school, but up until today I hadn't spoken to him for something like 10 years. Last Thursday, out of the blue, his Mum called and invited Olivia and I to Sven's wedding at the family's house. Sven had been living and working (and meeting Mrs. Right!) in Indonesia since, well, forever, but he was going to be back in Australia for one week, to get married.

So today I had the pleasure of attending a good friend's wedding - my man Sven and his (now) wife Natalie. It was great to catch up with the boys - Matt, Leigh and Sven - and laugh, joke, and re-tell school stories. I also heard some stories for the first time :-)

We all hung around and enjoyed the fantastic hospitality of Sven's family (Indonesian food is enak sekali - delicious) until it was time to go pick up the kids. What a great afternoon. Sven and Natalie, if you read this, Terima kasih atas undangan anda - Menikahi ini bagus sekali (which I hope means, "thanks for the invite - the wedding was great").

The photo is of "The Boys" under Sven's back verandah - Matt, Sven and me at back, and Leigh at front, loosening up before some serious poses. We didn't get any good photos of the couple; we were honestly too busy yakking. The yakking reminded me that we'd all changed yet stayed the same out of high school. I hope we can all keep in touch!

Technorati tags: , , ,

[Listening to: If Things Were Perfect - Moby - Play (04:19)]




2 Responses to "Sven and Natalie's Wedding"

Simon said... Sunday, April 16, 2006 11:03:00 PM

man, you guys look so old- especially Matt and Leigh...

Thomas said... Tuesday, April 18, 2006 9:30:00 PM

Yeah Simey, they do look so old. Although I don't think Sven has changed at all - which means he could have been 30 while we were at school...

:-)

Post a Comment

 

Creative Commons LicenseThis work is licensed under a Creative Commons License. Copyright Thomas & Olivia Williams 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009