Glurged Out?

Dan at Signposts is keeping track of the memorable "glurge" that I know I also get in my inbox. "Glurge" is:

...inspirational (often supposedly “true”) tales that conceal much darker meanings than the uplifting moral lessons they purport to offer, and that undermine their messages by fabricating and distorting historical fact in the guise of offering a “true story.”

I find that a lot of this stuff comes under the banner of "christian" inspirational material (the "send this to three friends for an extra blessing"-type stuff), and while I find it funny all by itself most of the time, Dan has gone that extra step and added in answers to some of the questions/comments. Funny.

By the way, snopes.com is a good resource for when you get sent "glurge", to find out if it has any basis at all in fact. I just google for some part of the text, and append "site:snopes.com" to the end of my search to see if it's been documented by this urban legends site.

0 Responses to "Glurged Out?"

Post a Comment

 

Creative Commons LicenseThis work is licensed under a Creative Commons License. Copyright Thomas & Olivia Williams 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009