Wikipedia

Wikipedia, the free online encyclopedia, is really starting to impress. I was telling Olivia about it the other day - a site where anyone can add and edit entries. I told her you could even add an entry for "Carrum Downs" (the outer Melbourne suburb we live in), which you would not find in any other encyclopedia. I think she was impressed, but it's hard to tell!

Well, someone beat me to it, the entry on Carrum Downs described where the suburb is, and even has links to the surrounding suburbs. Cool. There's not much information there now, a kind of "Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy"-esque "mostly harmless". Maybe I could elaborate?

UPDATE: One of the problems with a site where anyone can add and edit information is that some of it is going to be untrustworthy. Doh!

0 Responses to "Wikipedia"

Post a Comment

 

Creative Commons LicenseThis work is licensed under a Creative Commons License. Copyright Thomas & Olivia Williams 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009