There's a bug in my bonnet

Well, it needs to be said. It is enough to break my blog-silence. I hate it when the "pharmacy assistant" tries to bully me into/out of buying some sort of drugs that I know that I need. Now, I am not trying to be nasty, but these "pharmacy assistants" are not qualified, do not have a degree. Why should I listen to their "advice"? And... they always try to bully you, being bossy in their interrogation of why I should want a particular product.

A couple of months ago I sent Thomas in (unsuspecting) to buy some Dimitap for Maya, and he walked out with his tail between his legs because of the hounding the lady gave him, claiming his wife knew what we needed better. I should have warned him about what he was walking into.

Anyway, I am very assertive when I walk into the chemist's now. I tell them in no uncertain terms what I would kindly like to purchase (I don't purchase these kinds of products very readily - I believe in sleep and water for everything first!) and don't back down until they hand it over.....beware!!!!!

Let me know if your local pharmacy is like mine!!

2 Responses to "There's a bug in my bonnet"

Thomas said... Friday, November 25, 2005 12:35:00 PM

Hey LP, I agree with you. The "pharmacy bully" is not getting my business any more - why should I have to answer twenty questions to get what I want? Advice i can handle, but denigration is just not on.

Sarah Newman said... Tuesday, November 14, 2006 10:20:00 AM

I agree with you Live, last time I sent my husband to the chemist to get Dimetapp, they gave him Demazin instead, insisting it was much better. I went back down there and told her off for changing my husband's mind when I had given him the instructions to buy only Dimetapp which is 100 times better and more effective than Demazin.. GRRR!!!!

Post a Comment

 

Creative Commons LicenseThis work is licensed under a Creative Commons License. Copyright Thomas & Olivia Williams 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009