2 Years Of Blogging

This blog has been going for two years...wow!

I've been trying to write this blog as a personal diary/reminder and a collection of my current thoughts, as often as I can. My approach is that I write up a post as a "brain dump" and often spend twenty minutes or more getting it right.

What I described above is my attempt to keep each post coherent and to write spontaneously, but then also to apply a level of "writing skill" so that each post is spelt correctly, reads well, doesn't repeat, is not repeating, and makes sense. Make sense?

My target audience was originally me and perhaps my immediate family. I'm glad it has widened to connect (even on a one-off basis) with lots of people from all over the place. The fact that this site is in the public domain hopefully invites comment and back-and-forth (however, I read other people's blogs and don't always make a comment, so don't be embarrassed if you don't comment).

Anyhoo, I was wondering if anyone out there would be interested in giving feedback on my "writing skill" (such that it is). I want to keep improving! Perhaps we could trade ideas or constructive criticisms?

7 Responses to "2 Years Of Blogging"

Greg said... Wednesday, November 02, 2005 8:40:00 AM

Congrats!

Now comes the hard part... Making it to year 3. ;)

Thomas said... Wednesday, November 02, 2005 2:01:00 PM

Thanks Greg...I can't see myself stopping in the foreseeable future, but then I don't have a focus like you do with your site. And I do two blogs, this one and a tech blog at dotnetjunkies, which basically means that both of them get ripped off in the amount of time I can spend!

Rodney Olsen said... Wednesday, November 02, 2005 11:57:00 PM

Congratulations.

I really enjoy reading your posts and look forward to many more.

You're writing style is conversational and you post about stuff which with I can identify easily.

Keep up the great work.

Michelle said... Thursday, November 03, 2005 12:19:00 AM

I tried to say this yesterday, but blugger was boggered again...

So - happy blogversary! We started blogging mere days apart 2 years back. Amazing.

Thomas said... Thursday, November 03, 2005 12:52:00 PM

Thanks Rodney and Michelle for your support!

Sarah Newman said... Tuesday, November 14, 2006 10:27:00 AM

Hi Tom, I am amazed at your writing skill and accuracy. Have you ever thought about writing a book, or a day to day devotional on everyday stuff? I'm not joking, I am Serious!
You are very easy to listen to, very informative and I have enjoyed spending the last 2 hours reading through your blog. Very inspiring!
Keep up the good work!!

Thomas said... Tuesday, November 14, 2006 1:21:00 PM

Thanks Sarah - you're too kind. I'm glad you enjoyed reading my blog, and even gladder that you found it informative and inspiring!

Cheers, Thomas

Post a Comment

 

Creative Commons LicenseThis work is licensed under a Creative Commons License. Copyright Thomas & Olivia Williams 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009