Noticed the "Word Verification"?

I turned on Blogger's in-built "Word Verification" for comments to stop the occasional, highly annoying comment spam that I sometimes get ("Word Verification" is the random sequence of letters that you have to type in to enter a comment on this blog).

I hope it hasn't turned anyone away. Just think, the inconvenience is worth it for the author (me) who has to delete the trash, and the readers (you) who also have to read blog spam. Yeeech.

2 Responses to "Noticed the "Word Verification"?"

Rodney Olsen said... Tuesday, September 27, 2005 3:36:00 PM

I much prefer having to type in a few extra letters than having to wade through several spam messages to get to legitimate comments.

Thomas said... Wednesday, September 28, 2005 8:09:00 PM

I agree Rodney. I usually balk at having to register to make a comment, though.

The only downside is that someone has probably already written a program to recognise the letters and spam away anyway...

Post a Comment

 

Creative Commons LicenseThis work is licensed under a Creative Commons License. Copyright Thomas & Olivia Williams 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009