The Gym

I got a gym membership about a month and a half back, with the aim of going twice a week after work and "improving my fitness" i.e. shedding my fat. My beautiful wife Olivia was very encouraging, and we both came to the conclusion that because my job (sitting behind a computer all day) is sedentary, I need to consider my health and make sure I schedule some exercise as part of my routine.

Well, I'm really enjoying the gym. The couple of times that I wasn't able to get along because of other commitments, I've really missed going. My routine for the past couple of weeks has been split into two nights, doing 20-25 minutes of bike riding/rowing for cardiovascular exercise each night, and one night doing machine bench press, lat pulldowns, bicep curls and shoulder presses, the other night doing hyper-extensions (back exercise), sit-ups on an exercise ball, vertical rows and tricep pull-downs.

I couldn't find a decent website to link to to give illustrations of the above exercises...sorry! And I don't even know if I've got the names right anyway. Basically it's 1/2 an hour of moderate aerobic exercise (including the walk to the gym), and 10-15 minutes of "working out" with weights. It's still fun, and it's working (coupled with some lifestyle changes regarding food - but that's another post).

0 Responses to "The Gym"

Post a Comment

 

Creative Commons LicenseThis work is licensed under a Creative Commons License. Copyright Thomas & Olivia Williams 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009