This year is my "Magic Johnson" year - I'm 32!
I had a great birthday on Sunday, thanks to my beautiful wife for her excitement and organisation. The whole shebang started before Sunday, though:
- Saturday night - Olivia takes me out on a date to eat pizza and see "War of the Worlds". Mum and Dad look after the kids and we pick them up later that night.
- Sunday morning - Kids sleep in till just after 8, then come and jump on me in bed and bring me my presents. I got a cappucino maker, a drawing pad and some dark chocolate! Great!
- Sunday breakfast - Olivia takes us all out to the Pancake Parlour for an extraordinary bacon, eggs, mushroom, and blackberry buckwheat pancake breakfast. It's so filling, I won't eat lunch...
- Sunday mid-morning - off to church, which we've missed for a couple of weeks. Good to see everyone again.
- Sunday afternoon - my family and relatives come around (those of them that are in Australia) for a delightful afternoon tea, and Olivia has made a cake shaped like a guitar. I get lots more pressies, including an MP3 player from Mum and Dad!
- Sunday night - Mum and Dad stay for dinner, which is lasagne and salad. Afterwards we all enjoy a cappucino and some chocolate. After they leave (Mum's got to work the next day, I however have a day off on the Monday), Olivia and I watch "King Arthur".
- Monday - a relaxing day off, starting with a sleep in till 8:30 (thanks kids). We cleaned out the garage and I showed TJ how to make paper aeroplanes, and then we went to the library before having enchiladas for dinner (yummm!)
p.s. One of the memorable moments was teaching TJ to give "birthday punches". He's got a year to perfect his technique...