Star Wars Episode III

I am a science fiction fan. I went to the movies. I saw Star Wars Episode III.

That's about it for my rundown! I kept thinking, as the movie wound to a close, "Is that the best that they could do?" Sure it's "just entertainment", but despite great special effects and a ready-made fan base, Episode III was just...disappointing.

On the plus side, it was great to go out with two of my buddies Neil and Adrian. We also saw the trailers to a few upcoming movies that look good: "War of the Worlds" (hey, it's science fiction, see above as to my motivation to go see it - hopefully it's not just a Tom Cruise film; every shot in the trailer featured him!) and "Mr & Mrs Smith" (directed by the same guy who did "The Bourne Identity" and also has the same composer for "The Bourne Identity", which had a really cool soundtrack. However I'm not a big fan of Angelina Jolie).

There's something special about actually going out to a movie as opposed to seeing it on TV or DVD. The atmosphere, the camaraderie, the big screen (we saw Episode III on a 28-metre screen at the new cinemas near us), the big sound, the ticket stub dropped in a drawer or behind a bookshelf when I get home, so that on finding it in the future I can remember all the above...

0 Responses to "Star Wars Episode III"

Post a Comment

 

Creative Commons LicenseThis work is licensed under a Creative Commons License. Copyright Thomas & Olivia Williams 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009