Things Happening Recently

A few things happened recently that I didn't get time to write about. Most importantly, my bro David had a birthday (Happy Birthday Dave!) Dave was also good enough to lend me his XBox, and also call to help out after our car crash.

Car CrashThat's right, we had a minor car crash. It was a very low-speed incident, with another car impacting ours on basically the driver-side front wheel after turning out of a side street. I won't bother you with the details - fortunately, nobody got hurt, it was not our fault and the other party has insurance which is covering the cost of repairs (mainly panel damage) to our car. The whole family was in the car, including my young cousin, and it makes you realise that it could have been a lot worse. We have been blessed to be in the position we are in.

That's the strange thing - even though our one and only car is going to be in for repairs for 3 weeks leaving us without transport, and it was not our fault, I am actually grateful that this is the only inconvenience we have. As I mentioned, it could have been a lot worse.

That was last weekend. On the weekend just gone, Olivia and I had a relaxing weekend featuring some relaxing arguments (however, I'm under a "Non-Disclosure Agreement" which means I won't be talking about them). Unfortunately Olivia also hurt her arm playing with the kids, and she played with a strapped wrist for today's (Tuesday's) mixed basketball Grand Final.

I realised as we lost the Grand Final, that not much seperates a loser from a sore loser. The way I see it is that one team played better than the other; so, everything I gripe about that diminishes the fact that the other team actually beat us (it was no accident) is being a sore loser. Full credit to them, they are a good team...we can beat them, but we'll have to wait for next season (which starts next week!) to find out.

On a side note: I reckon one of the world's hardest substances are breakfast cereals left on the inside of bowls. Try cleaning your Weet Bix bowl, at the end of the day. It's almost impossible.

1 Response to "Things Happening Recently"

Tejas Patel said... Thursday, March 10, 2005 11:37:00 AM

Thomas, I am glad nobody got hurt. Some incidents just make us think that how worse the incident could be.

Post a Comment

 

Creative Commons LicenseThis work is licensed under a Creative Commons License. Copyright Thomas & Olivia Williams 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009