My Favorite Films of All Time

Recently I was thinking about all the weekly movies I'd like to catch up on, and so I've put together what are aguably the best films of all time - or, if you're arguing, my favorite films of all time*. There was a lot of equal 1st and equal 2nd:

1Lord of The Rings Trilogy
The Last Samurai
True Lies
Groundhog Day
2Bourne Identity, Bourne Supremacy
Enter The Dragon, Dragon
Highlander
Ronin
Alien, Aliens
Predator, Predator 2
3Good Will Hunting
Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon
White Men Can't Jump
4The Matrix (1)
The Usual Suspects
Unforgiven
Mission Impossible (1)
Perfect Storm
5The Empire Strikes Back
The Rock
Minority Report
I, Robot
The Incredibles, Finding Nemo, Toy Story 2

Judging by the above list, my top 5 films encompasses over 25 titles! This list has changed over the years, and it will be interesting what it'll look like in a further 5/10 years.

* Of course I'm bound to forget some film or other!

2 Responses to "My Favorite Films of All Time"

Anonymous said... Saturday, April 02, 2005 8:40:00 PM

Notable exceptions? How about Shawshank Redemption, Pay it Forward, and Jackie Chan's Drunken Master 1 and 2!

And how do you really judge the best movies? Story? Acting? Soundtrack? Or maybe just the preview clip? In that case my all time top 3 would be - Arnold Schwarzenegger in Last Action Hero, Police Academy 3-6, and Cat's the musical.

Thomas said... Saturday, April 02, 2005 10:21:00 PM

Showing my ignorance...but I haven't seen "Shawshank" or "Pay It Forward" (I'm not such a connoisseur after all)...

Post a Comment

 

Creative Commons LicenseThis work is licensed under a Creative Commons License. Copyright Thomas & Olivia Williams 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009