Reality TV

Funny headline (and short blog post) that grabbed my attention: Reality TV will lead to the end of civilization!

I guess everyone has an opinion on "reality TV". This may put you off, but my opinion is that I don't like it. I mean, what could be further from reality - a contest on an island with feats of strength and cunning? And the bits we don't see: the cameras and crews, the editing before content can be presented (with an inevitable bias of the editors and producers), the money changing hands for sponsorship or participation, and perhaps even the selection of competitors to produce the most abrasive and view-worthy situations.

Phew, had to get that out.

I honestly see "reality TV" as a fad that will have it's time and fade away. What's your opinion?

5 Responses to "Reality TV"

Tejas Patel said... Wednesday, February 23, 2005 3:54:00 PM

I just like reality shows that they show on the TV these days, it's just a waste of time for me and some of them are really disgusting.

Thomas said... Thursday, February 24, 2005 1:11:00 PM

Hey Tejas, I agree with the point that "some of them are really disgusting", I suppose the rationale is that non-disgusting people would make for boring viewing!

Simon said... Sunday, March 06, 2005 11:03:00 PM

Eh Cuz,

I got an opinion... in fact I got lots of opinions but I won't bore you with all of them now, but that Reality TV stuff changed my life... I used to feel afraid, alone, isolated, even stupid, then I watched those TV shows and saw that there are people stupider than me, and I had no reason to fear society.

Yeah, Reality TV changed my life, it can change yours too!

Thomas said... Monday, March 07, 2005 12:38:00 PM

S-Man, thanks for your opinion...I have yet to see a show where people are stupider than me!

I wonder if reality TV will replace other shows - for example, TV soaps, or what about the news: we could have a reality show where it's just someone looking shocked at things on their computer screen, and occasionally choosing to read stuff out..."hey guys, man caught with his head up his own bum, cool, hehehe..."

Then we cut to "reality ads", same guy brushing his teeth for 30 seconds, "cool, tastes like brussel sprouts, hehehe"

This idea © trademark etc. Thomas Williams

Anonymous said... Tuesday, April 05, 2005 7:56:00 PM

One of the "un"realities of this world is reality TV

Post a Comment

 

Creative Commons LicenseThis work is licensed under a Creative Commons License. Copyright Thomas & Olivia Williams 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009