Maya is One

If it seems like a whole year has passed since Maya's birth on January 1st 2004, well, it's because it has...my little girl is 1!

Maya's birthday cake

Olivia wanted to make her cake in the shape of her favorite toy, but we realised that her all-time favorite things are bananas, so she had a big banana-shaped cake (which she got all over her face, as you can see!)

I'm sure she enjoyed her birthday (based on the number of excited noises she made and "wow" faces). We started by giving her presents first thing in the morning, had lunch out with Olivia's Oma at Hungry Jacks and then her party was that night for a relaxed dinner with family.

I realise I'm biased, but I have to admit that she's gorgeous...she says "ta" (thanks) when she wants things, she's figured out how to climb up slides, she's nearly walking (she has been "nearly" walking for about 3 weeks now), she loves playing with her Saddle Club "Prancer" pony that she got for Christmas, she loves being chased as she's crawling round the house and is all around a great child. I'm blessed as a parent!

1 Response to "Maya is One"

Anonymous said... Tuesday, April 05, 2005 5:27:00 PM

hey I realise I am a little late in commenting here but I've gotta say Maya is one little cutie for sure, so blessed to be her Grandma

Post a Comment

 

Creative Commons LicenseThis work is licensed under a Creative Commons License. Copyright Thomas & Olivia Williams 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009