Love Tank = Full

I need to tell all who will listen - I am married to the best man in all the world (apologies to all men reading this, but you have no chance up against my husband - he is so great!!)

On Tuesday I came down with the flu - temperatures, snot, coughing, aches and pains, and groans. It was not fun - especially for me!! I can only liken the pain to when I was giving birth to Maya (I had drugs with TJ, so it was bad but not that bad), except that instead of coming in waves, and having a small break in between, this had no breaks and was constant for about 12 hours.

Skip ahead for a second, to this great book called "The Five Love Languages". This book, by Gary Chapman, found at this website - http://www.moodypublishers.org/promo/garychapman/start.html, revitalised our marriage, by explaining that each of us receives love in a different way, either by affirming words, gifts, spending quality time, doing things for others (acts of service) or physical touch. We all enjoy most of the above, but one of them in particular, hits our "spot" and makes us feel really loved. It helped explain why Thomas was so eager to spend time with me (he is quality time) and I so wanted him to help with doing "things" (I am acts of service).
If you haven't read it or heard about it, I recommend it with all my heart. It made so much sense and was easy to understand, and helped me to prioritise time for Thomas, because that was important to him, and helped him help me because that was important to me, so that each of us was "telling" the other that we really did love them, in our own way.

Okay, now skip back to Tuesday and Fluday. Thomas took the day off work, looked after me and the kids, got me panadol and water, and even made me lunch - which I incidentally couldn't eat. He did the dishes, cleaned the kitchen and showered the kids.

All in all, my love tank is so full and I am so grateful to you, Thomas, for being such a great husband, and looking after me when I couldn't look after myself. Love you.

3 Responses to "Love Tank = Full"

Thomas said... Thursday, October 14, 2004 5:39:00 PM

Wifey, I remember reading the book and it wasn't till the last ten pages or so that I actually "got" it. I agree with your comments, well worth the read and has helped explain lots of strange things in our marriage!

It was my pleasure to stay at home while you were sick. Thankyou Lord for the healing!

Simon said... Friday, October 15, 2004 11:59:00 AM

Thanks Ace for the tips- I'll just go to the bookstore, read the last 10 pages and save myself a whole $10! You're the best, bros.

Anonymous said... Monday, October 18, 2004 5:49:00 PM

Thomas you are a true man a real legend...well done

Post a Comment

 

Creative Commons LicenseThis work is licensed under a Creative Commons License. Copyright Thomas & Olivia Williams 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009