Scruncher or Folder???

Warning - Toilet Humor to follow....

Scruncher or folder - that is the question! (we are talking about toilet paper here). After many studies and inconclusive evidence, I hypothesise that scrunchers are those that are very quick in the toilet, for number ones and twos. Folders are those that take their time, and can often be found reading books. (Anyone seen the Seinfeld episode when George takes the book into the toilet at the book shop and then it is flagged?? What a classic one!)

I myself am a scruncher, so I am a quickie toilet user (the toilet is not warm when I am finished). My motto is "If I have to sit here too long then I'll come back later". When I was in labour with TJ I told Thomas that I would come back later to do finish this off. To my rude shock, there is no turning back......

6 Responses to "Scruncher or Folder???"

Rodney Olsen said... Wednesday, September 01, 2004 6:23:00 PM

Scrunchers unite!!

I've never understood why anyone would want to sit and read a book while their body eliminated waste. I have no desire to sit around in their any longer than I have to.

Thomas said... Thursday, September 02, 2004 1:52:00 PM

LP, thanks for the warning on the post, I averted my eyes from the bad words.

But as for you scrunchers (Rodney included), I am sorry to say that folding is the way to go, and it's OK to sit and push (and read when necessary). I say this out of vast experience, no accidents in over 25 years!

Liv said... Thursday, September 02, 2004 3:32:00 PM

Hugs, the last 25? what about the other 6????

Thomas said... Thursday, September 02, 2004 4:11:00 PM

I did say over 25 years...before that maybe I was a Pro Hart?

Simon said... Friday, September 03, 2004 2:48:00 AM

There is an art to pre-folding while you push while you read, thus maximising time and energy. I have also been known to brush my teeth, comb my hair, pat the cat, do my homework, write a song, and walk the dog.

But maybe the best is the toilet we have here in Korea, with a heated seat, and also heated water to wash your butt for you, giving you more time to read that book!

But on the other hand they say reading on the toilet can be detrimental to your health (no Surgeon-General health warnings yet), with strain being placed on your colon or something and possible relation to h... something haemeroids? Is that how you spell that? Mum can you check that? They say the best is the squatty potty style where there is no strain and gravity and the position do all the work. With practice you can also read whilst doing.

Thomas said... Wednesday, September 08, 2004 8:32:00 PM

Wow, LP, you seem to have found an issue close to peoples hearts! It does get kind of gross reading all these comments though (especially Simey, who wrote a book)...

Post a Comment

 

Creative Commons LicenseThis work is licensed under a Creative Commons License. Copyright Thomas & Olivia Williams 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009