Messenger now web-based

I've never been a huge user of instant messenger-style software, but I do admit it has its uses. Microsoft has developed a web-based version of their Messenger that at least means nothing has to be installed on your computer, available at webmessenger.msn.com (via Neowin).

Work-wise, I've even read advice by people in business that recommend you don't send e-mails less than 5 words, instead send an instant message. They also say that IM can be a useful tool with teams that aren't in the same location.

Play-wise, I would only use IM because my phone line is tied up by being on the net, and I'd only send it to people I know anyway if I knew they were online.

Hmmm, something to think about...

0 Responses to "Messenger now web-based"

Post a Comment

 

Creative Commons LicenseThis work is licensed under a Creative Commons License. Copyright Thomas & Olivia Williams 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009