In my life, there's been heartache and pain; I don't know, if I can face it again

Can't stop now, I've mucked up the words and have to blog what I had in mind. I was feeling kind of reflective and thinking that there's lots of people in life that come and go. Like, the team-mate from a basketball team that you played with for 3 years, that sort of stopped playing, or the Uni friend, or even a cousin, or a workmate that you got along with really well and then you changed jobs.

I've got lots of ex-acquaintances like that. I mean, I know there's no easy way around a gradual parting of ways. It's not like you can go up to a potential no-more-see guy or girl and say "In case I don't see you again, ever, I'd just like to say..." If I did that, my friend(s) would run cowering.

Even in the 4 short years since Olivia and I got married, friends have dropped off our friends list, and there's some people I'm never likely to see again. So, to those people, I'd like to take this opportunity to write the things I never got to say, because there never was really a time:


Aidy R, you were always much cooler than me. Nice playing ball with you.

Richard, the Doc, I think of you as the "other" best man at my wedding. Thanks for your support.

Danny, thanks for never putting up a front for me. You taught me a lot.

Yvonne, Chad, Travis, thanks for being Uni friends. I'm sorry I had a lot of stuff on and never got to know you better.

Ted, I was drawn to your leadership style and personality from the start. Thanks for backing it up by being a downright good guy as well.

Tommy, I hope you and the family are going well, thanks for the hours of ball.

Brett, ditto, one of the bast basketballers ever?

Rob, thanks for the time you were willing to spend with me.

0 Responses to "In my life, there's been heartache and pain; I don't know, if I can face it again"

Post a Comment

 

Creative Commons LicenseThis work is licensed under a Creative Commons License. Copyright Thomas & Olivia Williams 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009