History and the man on the street

Jason Clark reports that some Britons believe that Conan the Barbarian was an actual historical figure (along with some believing that factual events never happened or real people never lived). The whole article is worth a quick read.

This is not a knock at people from the UK; I'm the first to admit a lack of knowledge of history - practically speaking, I try never to play Trivial Pursuit with someone older than me! But the truth is I could tell you more about Aragorn than I could about William Wallace or William the Conquerer. After you've left school, how are you meant to learn these things???

0 Responses to "History and the man on the street"

Post a Comment

 

Creative Commons LicenseThis work is licensed under a Creative Commons License. Copyright Thomas & Olivia Williams 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009