Stuck On You

Olivia and I went and saw "Stuck On You" with some friends on Friday night. It was a good movie, not merely slapstick-funny as I thought, but on into a story also. Probably the only thing that prevented it from being a great movie is moments of lewdness that I reckon weren't worth the laughs they may have generated. Other films in the same vein are "Something About Mary" and "Rushmore".

It was funny to see Matt Damon, who I have really liked in other movies, in a comedy (albeit being the "straight guy"). Meryl Streep and Cher were both funny - Cher plays a loathsome woman, but after the film I reflected that an actor or actress that can make you "feel" something about their character is doing a good job.

Critic's opinions, ratings, technical info, etc. can be found at the site Movies.com, my personal source for all things movies.

Aside: I saw the preview to this movie a couple of months ago with two mates. One laughed during the preview, the other didn't. Same sick sense of humour!

0 Responses to "Stuck On You"

Post a Comment

 

Creative Commons LicenseThis work is licensed under a Creative Commons License. Copyright Thomas & Olivia Williams 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009