Why do people blog

Chris Pratley (a Microsoft guy) asks the reflective question "why do people blog?"

He writes that he is not "...naturally someone who feels an urge to communicate unless I am having a dialog with someone...", which I really understand. Writing an online journal that's neither private or public happens in stages: the first stage is excitement at just doing it, the current stage is more like asking "am I doing it well enough?" and "is there a reason?", just like Chris asks. Right now I'm not concerned about the number of people reading - I'm keen to get better at writing and communication in general, and I am really happy when anyone makes a comment or I get an e-mail from someone new. Thanks for reading!

0 Responses to "Why do people blog"

Post a Comment

 

Creative Commons LicenseThis work is licensed under a Creative Commons License. Copyright Thomas & Olivia Williams 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009