Real Life Community

The church I'm part of is called Real Life Community. We meet in the Carrum Downs Community Centre. The word "church" doesn't appear in our name. At first I had a problem with that. The phrase "real life" is there because we're real, and we are interested in life ("life to the full" John 10:10) and life's issues. The Message translates Romans 6:23 as:
Work hard for sin your whole life and your pension is death. But God's gift is real life, eternal life, delivered by Jesus, our Master.
When I first read that I could really tie it back to a community of people, living out and sharing God's gift.

How's this for a church name - "Scum of the Earth"? They discuss how they got their name with a powerful verse from 1 Corinthians 4:11-13, their history and other things...I'm just struck by the name!

Merry Christmas! I'm having a long weekend (Christmas Day, Boxing Day) and may be back on Monday. Olivia may have the baby...go baby!

0 Responses to "Real Life Community"

Post a Comment

 

Creative Commons LicenseThis work is licensed under a Creative Commons License. Copyright Thomas & Olivia Williams 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009