My Wife (Friends and Acquaintances, Part 0)

My lovely wife of nearly 4 years is pretty much the be-all and end-all of acquaintances for me. I know this won't offend any of my other circle of friends and relatives - those that know me know my wife is very, very important!

I met Olivia at a youth camp that I didn't want to be at. I was "killing time" in Easter 1995 with Leigh, when I met her. Our long distance friendship kicked off in the city of Melbourne before returning to its rural roots, Olivia being from the town of Leongatha and I from Cranbourne (an hours drive).

We had ups and downs, and I know with me not being a committed Christian and having some pretty lousy values and attitudes, things didn't go so great. But I do know that God held us together and turned even the things that could have been disastrous, and split us apart, into part of our history and legacy of being together. There (still) is a 5-and-a-bit year age gap between us that can affect relationships when both people are at a young age - imagine the difference in interests and maturity between an 18-year-old and a 23-year-old, and you'll get the picture!

I've always joked that I'm about the right maturity for Olivia. She's very advanced, and I'm slightly backwards. Perfect!

We started living together in 1997, and committed our lives to Jesus in late 1999 before getting married in December 1999. I can't put into words what an exciting time that was for both of us.

I'm sure I'll discuss the intermediate bits as they fill out the overall picture some other time. For now, it's enough to know that Olivia occupies a great part of my thinking and doing, both day and night. I'm complete with her, incomplete without. Olivia, my wife, I love you!

0 Responses to "My Wife (Friends and Acquaintances, Part 0)"

Post a Comment

 

Creative Commons LicenseThis work is licensed under a Creative Commons License. Copyright Thomas & Olivia Williams 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009